Friday, February 24, 2012

HW#4 (Hotel, Motel)

    The business I choose to franchise will be the Hotel, Motel & Short Term Residential Properties Franchises. First of all ,when I was around 18 years old, I always dreamed about owning a hotel at NYC. The website give me an good information about how to start a business of franchise in Hotels. 
        Since I personally travel a lot, so I know how important it is to having a nice and clean room while you are traveling around the world. And for most the guest come to United States, 
the fewer cities will be the top choose, like LA, 
NYC,Boston,Chicago,Florida, Las Vages. When people come to the famous cities, they prefer to live some place bright, clean and the price is not too high. So I think the Days Inn is doing a really good job, first of all, the outside of the building looks professional and great. Has the guest unload area, which will be really nice even out there is raining. compare to other hotels, Days Inn is a big company.


         Like what they said, "When you engage with a Days Inn® franchise, you won't be on your own. Whether it's your first property or your latest, you'll get the right support at the right time.

You'll get personalized, one-on-one service from a support organization that recognizes the whole franchise process from pre-opening activities, to opening day to post opening support."(http://www.franchiseexpo.com/franchise_locator.cfm)


        So even I just started the business, I won't be on my own. Which as a investor, this is something important to me, cause starting a whole new business at different country will be totally different things to do. I can't get lots of the support from my family except will my parents, and most of my friends is all over the world, so I can't really getting any help but the companies. So this is something make me believed that I can do the business with them.


     Then for the amount of money to invested in the hotel system will be between $200,000 to $250,000, which is not a lot of money, so I guess will be a good deal.


     Then for the hotel systems they provide something professional.


1. Pre-Opening Support
2.Operations
3.Strategic Sourcing
4.Training
5.Marking


These are the key event of the business going well, and the Wyndham Hotel Group can help me deal with all these even I just started the business, and this is something strong information to get if I want to be successful.


And for the hotel price is fair to most of the people, so I guess it will be a good business.










1 comment:

  1. Zinan, I really think the Days Inn would be a great idea for a franchise. You chose a great location. People are always going to New York City for all different reasons. There could definatly be more hotels in the area. Another good factor is the price. Not everyone wants to spend a ton of money on the hotel but they still want to stay in a decent place and the Days Inn does a good job of providing this service. It also seems like they make it very simple to franchise with them. They offer plenty of support while opening and running the hotel. Thats something I looked for when I picked the company I was going to franchise. The investment seems to be a good amount but from what you wrote it really looks like you can't fail. This blog was interesting and a good read. Good job.

    ReplyDelete