Friday, February 24, 2012

Midas Automotive Center


The franchise I chose is Midas. It is a well know Georgia-based automotive company that specializes in fixing cars. It has been in business since 1956 and has grown to a huge franchise with over 2500 licensed shops all over the country, Canada and world-wide in countries such as United Kingdom or France. It has been named #1 in brake and exhaust repair, and has won prestigious awards for being number one in automotive repair services franchise.

There are few factors for which I chose to go with Midas. There are more and more vehicles on the roads all over the world every year, and with the constantly rising complexity of the way autos are made, the do-it-yourself trend is starting to become more difficult to manage. Another thing that has become more and more popular with this economy is the fact that drivers tend to hold on to their cars longer than ever before, for it increasing the market for services with trusted repair shops, and Midas with its long history sure does fit that description.

The required capitol to invest is $ 75000, which compared to some other franchise businesses isn’t that much. For all the years Midas has been in business, it has developed itself a good reputations amongst customers and franchisees, so I think I wouldn’t really have to worry about any scam type deals being thrown at me if I decided to go with them. This industry appeals to me and it’s one of my passions, so Midas seems like a really good option in that case. I would be definitely prepared to give up a big portion of my own time to get this franchise business up and ready in the beginning. It sure would be a big sacrifice but I think with the right set of mind and people around me, I could pull it off.

My search on the website listed gave me just about enough information to get an idea about this industry and how this franchise works. However, I feel like if I was to get serious with it, I’d obviously have to go much more in depth with it, as I was provided only the basic information to partially understand how everything works.

1 comment:

  1. Even thought don’t have a license nor a car, I loved your thought process for which is very true in the years to come people are going to need to repair their cars or even a tune up or even to see if something is wrong with their car. I wouldn’t mind being a partner with you if this real life’s venture for you. Plus if you could slide me some free tune up or even repairs it would be very much appreciated. What you have to understand with a franchise you must follow their guidelines, what I saw thru the paragraph is that you didn’t really seem to go over the guidelines that that a franchise would have. You seem to have much love for it, I don’t like when dreams are killed over something stupid. Another thing is you must think of a location that would bring you great success take in to mind of people, location, and cars.

    ReplyDelete