Friday, February 24, 2012

mataiah blog#4


Mataiah Crossley

Business and Society

Blog#4



       The lawyer did read the whole contract  that was received and studied it paragraph by paragraph. My lawyer also approved of it. The franchise gives some territory but not exclusive territory to my company. The circumstances in which I can terminate my franchise company would be if I paid a certain amount of money for using the franchise name. It is very expensive using a franchise name and it is very time consuming trying to get out of a contract. It takes a lot of time and it is hard if there are loop-holes in the system.  I have not researched the product or service that I proposed to sell under the franchise. I did not check to see if it has market in my territory at prices that I will charge.

                The firm will help me find a good location that I need to better help my business. The location will be in a place that society will need my product and that way my business will prosper. Personally I am not the kind of person that would like to have a franchise. It seems to me that it does help out in the long run but it takes so much to get started. I would love for my business to have the most success but it seems to be too much to make it a franchise. Franchises are very good to have even though it takes so much and it’s a great way for the public to know and understand your business but I would rather a small shop that I can have under my control.

                There is a lot of diversity in making a franchises and it very hard to do. In the survey that I took it showed that I am not a person for a franchise it showed low scores and that I wouldn’t have a very successful business even though it would be great for me in the long run. I enjoyed learning more about the way to franchise and it seems to me that it would be a great idea to keep the thought in mind.



               

1 comment:

  1. I think Dunkin Donuts is a good franchise to pick if you are looking for a franchise to start on your own. Dunkin Donuts is definitely popular and everyone loves to get their coffee and donut in the morning before work and school. I wish you had written how much you credit you need in order to invest so it can people an idea if it is in their ballpark. But I did like how you put what the corporation is willing to help a franchisee out with.

    ReplyDelete