Friday, February 24, 2012

My Little Gym Franchise


I chose to franchise The Little Gym. The Little Gym was incorporated in 19992 and they believe there success has been from the success from its franchises. The Little Gym is a gym for children from ages 4 months to 12 years old. They 300+ gyms world wide, mainly in the US. They require a capital to invest in $150,000-$174,999. This money covers from training and consulting to manuals and tools. It also covers financial services, consultant team, curriculum development, marketing support, human resources, IT services, and Real Estate Services. 
I chose this franchise because the demand for the product will increase in the next several years in my opinion. The US is getting unhealthier by the minute and there are lots of advertising to show the country that we have to be aware. The Little Gym will be a go to place for many young children to start getting active at a younger age. Obesity will be fought in these gyms and confidence will be build.

The Little Gym was ranked number 1 in category 2010, 2009, 2008, & 2007 Franchise 500 Entrepreneur Magazine. It made the Top 50 Franchise in 2009, 2008 & 2007 for the Franchise Business Review. It was America’s Top Global Franchises in 2010, 2009, 2008, & 2007. Top 50 educations companies, Franchise 500 and fastest growing private companies in America were other awards for The Little Gym. 
My search did not give me all the information I needed. But I looked at the My Little Gym website to look up more information. There I managed to find out out the company’s history and what they plan to do. I also found out what the invested money from the franchisers is used for. There are scams out there looking for potential franchisers and say they will get more money after the investment. But My Little Gym is not a scam and they use the money to benefit children all over the world. Franchisers for My Little Gym do pay “royalties” to the franchise but it is for the benefit of the Gyms. I would gladly be a franchiser for this company because they are doing it for the right cause and every penny goes to good use. 

2 comments:

  1. Raul,
    This is quite an interesting franchise, in fact I don’t believe I have heard of any other business that does this kind of stuff. This type of mission statement can be really beneficial, especially with our Nation striving to have healthier kids with the push of the first lady. Having children start to develop a sense of physical skills and motor development at young age can prove to be really beneficial to their growth. This Franchise has really great credentials and has been recognized for it for many years. In my opinion it is one of the most ethical franchises out there, because it deals with the good health of America’s younger generation, and as a worker all you really do is essentially help these kids. This business has nowhere to go but up, if they continued what they have started and started opening up gyms for older children and adults then they would grow because customers would be loyal. My only question to you is if it is worth investing in it, what I mean by this is that you invest all this money into the staff and the facilities but you do not mention how it benefits you an if you make back the money you invest. From what it sounds like in order for you to invest in this franchise you need to already have a lot of money and not really look for anything back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way i like the video, it really helps me get an idea of what this Franchise was about :)

    ReplyDelete