Friday, February 3, 2012

McDonalds


As a little kid I have always loved going to McDonalds and ordering an happy meal because as a little kid the toy was everything you needed to be cool I remembered going to school and who every had the latest toy was the talk of the day.

 


McDonalds started off in 1940’s as a little Barbecue restaurant in California and soon became the biggest fast food restaurant in the world. As being the biggest restaurant they face many challenges, being the biggest many would say that the menu doesn’t give the public a lot to choose from. As statistics say America’s obesity rate has sky rocketed and became what I believe the fattest nation. It is simply the fast food market and with McDonalds the leader in such market. But as a result of that McDonalds has put more healthily options on their menu to combat such allegations. They have added salads, fruit parfaits, and even chicken sandwiches. 


What I really didn’t understand was when the media asked the C.E.O about McDonalds being one of the causes for obesity rates going up he said it was his fault that people walk in the store and order a hamburger and a fries. To me I understand what he was saying because you I can’t control what people buy. But another thing you can control was product maybe if he added more healthy options to such hamburgers.
Another challenge they face was with expansion. Like the saying goes you can’t build Rome in one day. In 2002 McDonalds open more stores then they could handle hired employees with quick training so in result they produced poor quality. In some instances they would have cold food, poor service, and nasty work areas. This looked very bad on McDonalds causing them to have a low quarter. When this happened it trigger lots of media shining down on McDonalds after such event they have took pride with each store.

Now don’t get me wrong they are a lot of positives one being that McDonalds beings so big they can offer many jobs worldwide and with our economy being in such a poor state an offer of jobs would do the economy very good.  





1 comment:

  1. Hey Malcolm, I really think you did a good job with this blog. I also remembe playing with the current toy at the table with my brother. I thought you did a great job with the next paragraph taking about how McDonalds got started and hours one of there main challenges is obesity. In the next few paragraphs you some strong points that I agree with and talked about myself. You can't control what people go into your store to buy. Especially at place like McDonalds expecting people to go there for a salad is asking for a lot. The last point you made was something I didn't even think about until I read it in your blog. McDonalds opening up stores creates a large number of jobs. We are on our way out of a recession and really need jobs right now.

    ReplyDelete