Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog #1

Hello, my name is Matt Glantz and I'm from Newton, Ma.  I attended Newton public schools for all of k-12 just graduating for Newton North High School last year.  I'm now a freshman attending Nichols College and majoring in General Business.  I chose this major because I'm not really sure what I want to do when I get out of college so I figured general business would keep my options open.  I've always enjoyed following professional sports, mostly the NBA and MLB.  Being from Massachusetts I'm a Celtics and Red Sox fan.



I enrolled in this class because I was required to take a management class and this interested me the most.  I've always wanted to work in the Business world and I think that this class will give me a great introduction to it.  I also hope to learn about how to approach the world after college.  Where are the best places to start to work your way up.

My assignment was to read and comment on the article "Importance Of Business In The Present Day World".  The article sums up what Business is from the writers point of view.  He breaks business down into 4 steps: Production, Distribution, Service and Customers.  I'm not a fan of this article for many reasons.  First of all, I think that one of the most important things about Business is Professionalism.  This article had many typos and a lot of mistakes in grammar.  This made it hard to understand at times and makes me take the article less seriously.  Another thing I didn't like is that the writer was listing off the "activities" in which business take place.  The 4th topic in his list said that Business raised the standard in living.  This did not fit in with the other 4 topics.  The others all described aspects of Business and this topic described something that Business does.



2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think. your whole view on the article interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there Matt Glantz my name is Malcolm Gladden and I read your blog found some interesting points in it. First in the beginning you said you wanted to major in business and that’s great personally but one caution point. In this economy time having a business degree is good but when applying to a good job they want the best at that position what would a boss do hire a person with one degree or a guy who double majored. Like I said in this economy it’s a dog eat dog just take caution. Second point I’m a Massachusetts native to and I love the same time you like I really enjoyed reading other Massachusetts fans. Third I understand what you want to learn in this class I see we have common goals to learn in this class. Fourth point I have the same point you made about the article we read, a lot of grammatical errors.

    ReplyDelete