Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homework #1


Hello, my name is Katie Gorman. I live in a small town called Hudson, MA. I attended Hudson high school for four years. I’ve lived there my whole life in the same house. I’m a freshman here at Nichols. For my major I first wanted to be a marine biologist or anthropologist but Nichols didn’t have that so now I’m going to major in psychology but that could possibly change. I picked psychology because it really interests me. I like to learn about how the brain works and peoples reactions towards other things. I find psychology very entertaining. I worked at honeydew donuts for about 2 and half years throughout high school. Then the summer I graduated I worked at a day care in Malboro,MA and when I go home I will continue to work there. This is my favorite job because I love to work with kids. I’m a cheerleader here at Nichols. I loved cheering in high school, it was my life. I’ve been doing it since 8th grade. Cheering at Nichols is a cool experience because it’s so different from high school cheering. I also love to snowboard I’ve been doing it for a while now also.
                   What I hope to gain from this course is a better understanding of general business. I’m not majoring in business so I don’t know that much about it. I feel like this class will help me a lot with several questions and interests I have within the business world. I feel like all the projects we are doing will definitely help me understand it more. I also needed to take this course as a requirement but it should be interesting and I hope to learn a lot.
                  The article we had to read had a lot of grammar mistakes and errors which was really annoying and it was hard to read and understand. The criticism I agree with the author did real good writing about that. The author also did well with describing business. Overall I would say that the article was okay and I look forward to reading more articles like this one.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with what you said about the article. There were a lot of errors, but the article was good and gave me a great idea on what this class is about. I don’t know a lot about business either, and we are both looking for a better understanding. We also both had to take this course as a requirement but I think it will be very helpful in the long run. I am curious to what this course has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on this article heavily. It had a lot of errors which made it very hard to read and I didn't like it at all. But you were right with the way the person described business and stayed on that topic. It makes me think on what I am going to learn in the future in this class. I definitely agree with Ericas comment on seeing what this class has to offer because we are both in the same type of major having to do with business. I hope I get to read more articles like this but in farther detail and less grammatical errors. Other then that I saw that you cheer lead so good luck with a great season!

    ReplyDelete