Friday, January 20, 2012

HW #1

Hey, my name is Nick Van Winter and I am from Cumberland, Rhode Island.  I grew up being a caddy at Kirkbrae Country Club in Lincoln, Rhode Island and have recently moved to being a banquet server as well as a bag room attendant at the same country club.  I graduated from Mount Saint Charles in Woonsocket, Rhode Island where I went to school from 7th grade through senior year.  I enjoy playing lacrosse, soccer, and sometimes a round of golf.  I grew up in Rhode Island so I don’t know a lot of the towns in Massachusetts because living in Rhode Island my whole life, if I had to drive anywhere over 20 minutes than it was a full day trip so I never really traveled much.  The furthest I’ve been to is Ottawa, Canada so I am not exactly an accomplished traveler. 
                I hope to learn a lot from this course, such as how business relates to the real world.  Also I hope to learn about how to take care of business with taking clients out and other things like that with how they seem to relate to society as a whole.  I am not really sure what this course is about so I am interested to learn anything that this course has to offer as well. 
This article was very interesting because it talked about business overall and all the pros and cons of business with almost no bias either way.  It was a very well written article with very few spelling mistakes.  I found the talk about all the ways that American business is going down the drain to be especially interesting because I am a college student who will soon be entering the American work-force so all of these facts and ideas are very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment