Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homework 1

What’s up fellow peers of higher education? My name is Luca Venterosa and I am a freshman here at Nichols College. I was raised and brought up the traditional Italian way by my two parents. I am a proud pure Italian and I would never change that. I grew up and have since lived in Stoughton, Ma, a suburb south of Boston. Going into my senior year I had no idea, what I wanted to do with my life. And to tell you the truth I still don’t know what I want to do with it. All I know is that I want to do something in the sports field. So I decided to take sports management at Nichols College. I also play baseball and am always doing some sort of sports related activity.
To be perfectly honest did not want to take this course; I had to for my sport management class. But since I’m stuck in it I want to make the best of it. That being said I want to learn whatever the class has to offer I want to learn the business that is involved in helping society run,  Also how to run businesses and what to do and what not to do regarding businesses. And in all honesty I just want to learn about business. When it comes down to it I really don’t know much about it.
The article we read for the blog was entitiled “Importance Of Business In The Present Day World”. This article really opened my eyes to something I never really thought about. The article discusses the pros and cons of business in modern people’s lives. For example it says how business has raised the standard of living because of money yet on the other side how business produces pollution and affects the health of others. Things that you don’t really realize until you look deep down into the subject. The article gave me a more in depth view of what business really is and how it works.

2 comments:

  1. Luca, i agree with you about this course. I am also looking to make the best out of it. This class will teach us something that will be useful for us in the future. As for the article, you are completely right on how in depth a business can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luca,I am Zinan. I agree with the point how business has raised the standard of living because of money yet on the other side how business produces pollution and affects the health of others. people are doing the thing they think is best for them and others, but all this is about business and how to make more profit. I hope I can learn more information from this cause, and having deeper thoughts as you did.

    ReplyDelete