Sunday, January 22, 2012

Online Homework

My name is Mario Turner and I am an 18 years old Jamaican/Italian from Worcester Mass. I am a graduate from Abby Kelley Foster charter public school, Abby Kelley was much like Nichols College in the sense that it was small and allowed for small class sizes. One of the most interesting things about me is the fact that I was a popwarner football coach for the Worcester Vikings  since the age of 15. During my first Football season as a coach my team made it all the way to the Superbowl and won. In high school I ran on the outdoor track team and was awarded the title of MVP at the end o the season. After high school I attended a program put together by the State police for prospective law enforcement officers. At this program I lived at the State Police Academy and went through rigorous training. At the end of this program I was awarded a $500 scholarship based on leadership and discipline.
      I am currently the Vice President of the Freshman class of 2015 and a Criminal Justice Major. This summer i will be shipped off to Paris Island South Carolina to receive basic training at the Marine Corps.    Some people think I'm crazy for joining the Marines but its an honor and it will benefit me greatly when it comes time for me to work as a Mass State Trooper.

 The reason why I chose Nichols as a school was because i thought it would be excellent to have a management degree Incorporated into my criminal justice one. This class is part of my requirement to graduate, quite honestly I am happy that I am in this class because although I'm a CJ major I must know the importance of business to know how to properly manage a facility, who knows maybe one day I may own my own security business.

In response to the article: Importance Of Business In The Present Day World, I believe the author made some pretty strong points. To be honest I did not really like the article because there was so many grammatical errors. The arguments made in this article is true, especially the one made about how businesses due to self interest often forget about the welfare of consumers, workers and the environment. Take a business like BP for instance. They have just been the recent cause of a global catastrophe in the Gulf coast. But did they really learn from it no. did they do anything to change... not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment