Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homework 1


          Hello, I'm Ryan Foley and I'm a freshman here at Nichols. I'm from Belchertown, a small town in Western Massachusetts, about twenty minutes outside of Springfield. This past summer I worked at a local business, Saporito's Pizza, making and delivering food. In addition, I did some umpiring for the local Little League games. I am a Sport Management major here and I chose this major because of my love for sports, particularly baseball. Some of my hobbies include snowboarding, playing hockey, baseball, and pretty much any other sport related activity.
          I am taking this class to further my understanding in business. It is a requirement for my major as well. The project I am looking forward to most is the 'interview of a small business' project. After college, it is my goal to open my own small sports business. Thus, I know the content that I learn in this class will be very important to my future.
         I found the article that we were assigned to read, "Importance Of Business In The Present Day World," very helpful. Ignoring the obvious grammatical mistakes the author made, it was very well put together. It provided a well thought out background and platform on the world of business. I was interested by the information the author provided and look forward to reading more similar articles.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, I liked this post. I like it for various reasons, the first being is that I can relate to it. It caught my eye when you said you play baseball because i do to so i decided to read yours first. But what you said made sense regarding the article. I also thought it was very well put together and I think it did a great job of telling the reader how business really works. It also went into detail about how business affects everything on the world. It made me realize things I never really thought about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys. I agree with both of you. Ryan your absolutely correct when you say that the artice was helpful. It gave me a broader prospective on how the buisness world actually works. Luca your also right on when you mention how the artice makes you think of things you have never thought about. I liked the way you set up you blog as well ryan. The black and white never fails and is really easy to read. Really cought my eye.

      Delete