Friday, January 20, 2012

Homework #1

My name is Erin Morse and I grew up in the small state of Vermont. My parents are now divorced and my dad is now remarried. His wife has three daughters all of which are older than me. I also have an older brother and sister making me the youngest of six. I am nineteen and currently going to Nichols College majoring in Criminal Justice Management. I aspire to be a lawyer in the big city of Boston after watching every episode of Law and Order imaginable. Watching Law and Order with my mother has made me fall in love with the law career. I am obsessed with sports, and watching sports. I love the Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots and the Boston Bruins. My favorite player is Jacoby Ellsbury on the Red Sox.

I expect to get out of this class "business sense". I would love to learn about the business world and the aspects of running a business. My mom had a small business when I was younger, so I learned a lot through her but there is always more to know. Knowing about the aspects of a business makes one well rounded and it is very useful in the work force.


The article, " Importance of Business in the Present Day World" on the importance of business is very true. Marketing is very key to having a successful business because with out customers, there is no revenue being made. There is a big business and money in marketing and there is a lot of careers associated with marketing. Commercials like coca-cola are thoughtfully made and are targeting the right group of people. There is also lots of  money in the business of commercials during the Superbowl because a lot of people watch the football game.

Another thing about the article is that big businesses are greedy and the owners are driven by greed. I use to want be an environmental lawyer so the environment is very important to me. Businesses are guilty of polluting the air and water and that is affecting the environment and is affecting the health of the human population. I am highly against polluting and there should be stricter laws against companies and how much they pollute.

                                                 



1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that you have that many siblings that you can look up to and have help from. It's also cool that you want to become a lawyer in Boston, I bet you will be a great one. What would be a stricter law for pollution in your opinion? I think people would still pollute since it's very easy to not get caught.

    ReplyDelete