Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Name Is Sleeper


Hello everyone! My name is Tyler Sleeper and I am from Springfield, Massachusetts. I grew up in Hampden, Massachusetts but then after my older sister went to college my parents decided to move to a smaller house in Springfield. I am a freshman at Nichols College and my current major is Sports Management. I work here at Nichols at the dining hall at Late Night Munchies, which runs from 8:00 till 11:00 if you didn’t already know that. I have worked as a caddy at Longmeadow Country Club and was a ref at Recreational Center for youth basketball. The reason why I am here at Nichols because it is a great school for business. The reason I picked Sports Management as my major is because I would love to become a sport athlete agent or a coach for a high school team. In my free time I like to play golf and like to play hockey. I also love to fish. Sure you need patience but it is always great when you pull that one you have wanted all day. Other than that I don’t have too many other hobbies.
I hope to learn lot about the business world in this course. I took BCOM in my first semester to learn about communication and how to really talk to other business people. Now I want to get deeper and actually learn what is going on in the business world. I hope to gain the skills I need for my career after I take this course and to gain professionalism. There is nothing better than being great at what you want to do, and if I gain those skills then this course will be very successful.   
First of all I really liked the criticism part about business. However, I need to criticize this author. It was either written by a 6 year old or someone tried to take it and just changed every word so they wouldn’t get caught. It was full of errors. But the article is nice because it shows you what goes on in the business world. Shows what most businesses do to offer the appliances or materials. I kind of don’t like how the author refrains to revolving around money all the time. Because we all know that every business refers to money the most. But why keep repeating it? I do however like the way that they say that business is very complex.                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment