Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homework assignment 1

Hi everyone my name is Erika Rothberg I am a business communications major here at Nichols College. I am from Hudson Massachusetts a small suburban town outside of Worcester. I live with my mom, dad, and my younger brother Josh. At home I work as a day care teacher. I absolutely love children and I am certified so if all fails with communications I can always fall back on that. I am very athletic. I have been cheering for ten years and it is my life. I am really considering playing rugby next year to try something new and exciting. I don’t like change but I am all for trying new things.

In this class I would like to learn how to survive in the business world. Being a college student at a business school learning about how to start a business is really important. Managing a business doesn’t look easy and since I am a communications major I don’t know much about business but I need to. I took Bcomm first semester but there is still a lot to learn about business that will help me in my major. I am excited about this course because I haven't taken any class like it so it should be interesting.

After reading the article “ Importance Of Business In The Present Day World” overall I thought it was interesting and pretty good. It had a lot of spelling and grammar errors, which made it challenging to read, but the article got right to the point. The author of this article did a good job of explaining what business is. I have a better understanding about business, and I know a little more about what to expect in this course.

1 comment: