Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homework for B&S

Hey Guys I'm Kyle Shapiro I'm currently a freshman at Nichols College. Right now I am a sports management major. Recently I have been thinking about changing it, anyone have any good ideas? I am from Amber, Pennsylvania. Ambler is a small town about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. While in high school I worked at a snowboarding shop, Coldstone, and for my mothers company. After high school I went on to play junior hockey. The best way to describe junior hockey is a college and professional developmental league. Everyday I had to wake up to train and practice. My weekends and some weekdays consisted of long road trips traveling to all over the country. During this time I learned how to fall asleep whenever and and any position. While playing junior hockey I lived in El Paso, Texas and Helena Montana. In Texas it was sunny everyday and over a three year span I think I may have saw ran about 15 times. Helena was quit the opposite, it was was a really small town with big mountains and during winter time it got extremely cold. Though these to placed were very different I fell in love with them equally. My hobbies include Ice hockey, volleyball, snowboarding, hanging out on the lake, and basically all sports. My latest job which has also been my favorite was working for Mercedes- Benz. This job let me drive cars that at this point in my life I would never be able to.
In this course I hope to learn the ins and outs of the business world. I want to understand clearer how business is effected by society and vice versa. At the end of the semester I would like to walk away with the tools necessary to have a successful business. 
The article Importance of Business In The Present Day World overall was very informative. It explained the different parts of a business. Also what each part was and its function. The explanations were short but got the point across and allowed me to have a better understanding then I did before reading it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyle! I loved reading your blog and thought it was very interesting! I think you would be an amazing marketing major because of your very outgoing personality and your ability to connect with others. You are also very smart so you would be able to research and analyze complex market data. I also liked that you have worked at a snowboarding shop because snowboarding is one of my favorite things to do. Playing junior hockey must have been very fun but also very time consuming. I would never be able to do that. During this class I also hope to learn the ins and outs of business so like you I will be able to succeed after college. I agree with you about your comments about the article “Importance of Business in the Present Day World”. Like you said the explanations were short but got the point across and allowed me to have a better understanding then I did before reading it.

    ReplyDelete