Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sammie Barrett

My name is Sammie Barrett. I am from America’s Hometown, Plymouth, MA.  I went to Plymouth South High School which had more students than Nichols does. I graduated with a double diploma; one was a normal diploma and one was a certificate in Marketing. I am majoring in Sports Management, as the major I had intended on (Arts and Entertainment Management) was cancelled. I am the President of Concert Benefit Club here at Nichols. I have been planning and booking my own series of concerts called Rock for RSD for four years. I love music and I am rather well rounded. If you get me started in a conversation about music, we can talk for days.

From this course, I hope to gain knowledge of how businesses work in our society and around the world. I want to learn how to have a business succeed in these terrible economic times.

As for the article Importance of Business in the Present Day World, there were far too many spelling and grammatical errors. That being said, it was hard to focus on the content of the article. I found the creation of customers section to be too short. I feel as if that whole concept is complex enough to be able to be an article of its own. The creation of customers is ultimately what a business is always looking to do (along with keep customers). I collected from that section that the article is implying each of the topics combine to help create customers. This is true, however there are important ways to create markets for customers worldwide. It does not cover each of the four P’s of marketing (product, place, promotion, and price). 
 It discusses new products and different ways of distribution, but nothing other than that. I found it interesting that the business supplies service section mentions every kind of service business, but not a business supply store. Also for the distribution section, it did not offer information on how warehouses and distribution centers are a crucial part of the distribution process. The title was greatly misleading, as were most of the titles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sammie. I really enjoyed reading your post and I agree 100% with you. I thought that it was a pretty interesting article even though it was tricky to read with all the weird grammatical errors. Still it lacked some key business points like the four P’s of marketing and did not really offer enough solid information. Like you said the creation of customers section was really short and could have been extended with more knowledgeable information. Pretty much it was a good read and I learned a few things but did not take away that much from it. Hopefully in class we will be learning and discussing more professional and helpful business tips.

    ReplyDelete